Northern Lights is a brand new light trail set in the heart of the city at Leazes Park. With immersive visuals and jaw-dropping illuminations, this after-dark experience will light up Newcastle like never before.
Be inspired by original audio compositions, dynamic choreography and intelligent design, across a mile-long walk through stunning parkland. Immerse yourself in magic this winter with an unforgettable light trail for you and the whole family to enjoy. Expect a fully accessible route & a Christmas village full to the brim with festive food and drinks (not included in price).
- Each ticket valid for 1 person
- Tickets valid for Saturday 2nd December 2023 @ 18:15
- The route is a one-way loop starting and ending at the Southern park entrance via Barrack Road
- Food & drinks not included in ticket price
- The trail includes pulsing, flashing, and moving lighting effects that may affect people with photosensitive epilepsy
- Children Under 3 go free.
- Food and drink available throughout the trail, so come hungry! From snacks to a full 3-course meal, we’ve got you covered. There are three bars serving winter warmers including mulled wine and hot chocolate. Our marshmallow stand sells marshmallows to toast over our flaming BBQs. At the finale of the trail, there are a selection of street food traders ready to feed the whole family, from Hot Dogs to Indian, Churros to Brownies and Burgers to Pizza, there is something for everyone
- All food & drink traders take card payments only, the event is fully cashless
- The trail is 1 mile long in length and will take approximately 60 minutes to walk around. They will allow camping chairs/small folder chairs to be brought into the trail, if you require to sit down during the trail route
- The pathways throughout the light trail will be accessible to wheelchair users. Please be aware that some areas may have some uneven flooring as we are on a public park site. Accessible, disabled toilets will also be available on site
- Well-behaved dogs with responsible owners are welcome. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and be comfortable with large crowds, loud noises and fire
Please note: SSC members are entitled to 1x 50% off ticket, 2x 10% off tickets and up to 10x cost price tickets in total.
|Ticket Type||Discount||# Allowed||Price (each)|
|SSC Member Adult Price||50% off||1||£8.57|
|Additional Discounted Adult Price||10% off||2||£15.43|
|Additional Discounted Child Price (Age 3 – 16)||10% off||2||£10.94|
|Cost Price Adult*||0% off||10||£17.14|
|Cost Price Child* (Age 3 – 16)||0% off||10||£12.15|
|Child (0-2 years)||0% off||10||£0.00|