Champions are those of us who want to actively assist in ensuring inclusion for all. Our aim is to have a network of Champions throughout the Trust from various backgrounds, roles and departments.
All we ask of our champions is ‘visibility’ in your work area and a local champion for inclusion by:
- promoting an inclusive workplace and raising awareness of equality and inclusion within service areas helping to ensure the diverse needs of staff, patients and carers are met
- raising awareness, informing and influencing change by sharing information with colleagues via regular team meetings and team briefs
- acting as a conduit for information on equality issues and provide feedback to the central team
- promoting good practice and ensuring a zero tolerance stand against all bullying and harassment in the workplace
- raising concerns about any behaviour that may undermine an inclusive workplace
- actively support and promote the Trust’s Equality Agenda and staff networks