Our Pride network enables LGBTQ+ staff to come together, share information, support and ensure we maintain a comfortable and fully inclusive environment within the Trust.
We continue to be incredibly proud of our work on LGBTQ+ inclusion and were proud to see Newcastle Hospitals recognised as a top 100 Employer by Stonewall in the Workplace Equality Index in 2020 and in 2022 as a Gold Employer. In addition, we were awarded a ‘silver’ accreditation in 2021 as part of the Rainbow Badge Pilot Phase II
Membership to our Pride Network is open to all staff, irrespective of how they identify, you just need to have an interested in advancing LGBTQ+ equality.
- Chair – Mark Ellerby-Hedley – Health Promotion Specialist
Are you interested in influencing change, promoting good practice, sharing experiences and/or making new friends. If the answer is yes to anyone of the above you should consider becoming a member of the staff network.
Senior Pride Network Allies
Allies play a critical role in creating an inclusive workplace. Their involvement, often precisely because they are not LGBTQ+ can have a transformative effect on the workplace experience of LGBTQ+ staff and the services we offer to patients. Our Senior Allies are:
- Sir John Burn- Chairman
- Dr Andy Welch- Medical Director/Deputy Chief Executive
- Martin Wilson- Chief Operating Officer
- Caroline Docking- Assistant Chief Executive
- Helga Charters- Associate Director of Nursing
- Dr Lucia Pareja-Celbrian- Director of Infection Prevention and Control
- Claire Pinder- Directorate Manager
- Ewan Dick- Directorate Manager
- Andrew Pike- Directorate Manager
- Odeth Richardson- Head Occupational Therapist