One in five nurses, more than one in three doctors and one in six of all NHS staff nationally, identify as BAME, but the Workforce Race Equality Standard shows us those staff are:
- less likely to reach senior leadership positions
- more likely to experience harassment, bullying or abuse
- feel less positive about equality of opportunity in their workplace
Our Race Equality Network provides a forum to actively ensure those figures are not representative within Newcastle Hospitals. By coming together as members of a staff network, your voice can be amplified and help lead us to better address these inequalities.
Additionally, the staff network offers an opportunity for staff to come together, share experience, develop new skills and make friends.
- Chair Odeth Richardson – Head of Service – Occupational Therapy
- Vice Chair Poonam Singh – Nurse Specialist
For more information email – [email protected]Race Equalities Network Leaflet